- Volunteer and Work Experience
Sydney MCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to their age, race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
This is achieved primarily through the provision of a workplace environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
Current positions available:
Bi-Lingual Home Care Workers
Sydney Multicultural Community Services (SMCS) Multicultural Home Care Service aims to assist culturally and linguistically diverse older community members by providing culturally appropriate care in the home. SMCS has several upcoming vacancies for bilingual care workers.
The positions will be casual and the hours available for each care worker will depend on the demand.
Pay Level as per the SCHADS Award and according to experience and qualifications.
- Ability to work with CALD frail aged community members
- Experience or ability to perform care work duties
- Fluency in a second language other than English
- Drivers License and car is essential
- Ability to work in the Inner West and/or Eastern Suburbs
- Previous experience in aged care/ care work
- Tertiary qualification in aged care or home care
(e.g. Cert 3 or Cert 4 in Home and Community Care)
Applicants must email their covering letter addressing the selection criteria and a resume to the Front Desk Receptionist: email@example.com
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- Are you eligible to work in Australia?
- How many years experience do you have in a similar role?
- What days are you available to work?
Volunteer and Work Experience
Sydney MCS values the importance of our volunteer’s effort and contribution to the society and provides opportunities for work experience placements within our Community Centre. Please contact us via the contact form to enquire about available spots or call us on 02 9663 3922.