How much can I borrow?
Borrow up to $2000 for essentials such as appliances or furniture, to help you get your car back on the road, pay for education fees
and equipment or help you cover the cost of goods and services to support your wellbeing.
Borrow up to $3000 for housing related expenses such as bond or rent in advance, or for recovery from a natural disaster.
What can I use a NILs loan for?
Borrow up to $2000 for essential goods and services
- Household items like appliances, whitegoods & furniture
- Car repairs & registration
- Medical, dental, wellbeing and life event expenses
- Technology like a phone or laptop
- Education expenses like fees or uniforms
- Employment expenses like licenses or equipment
Borrow up to $3,000 for:
- Bond & rent in advance
- Costs associated with a natural disaster
Am I eligible?
Earn less than $70,000 annual income (before tax) as a single person or $100,000 annual income (before tax) if you have a partner or children
OR Have experienced family or domestic violence in the last 10 years
OR Have a Health Care Card / Pension Card
AND You can show you can afford to repay the loan