We are Hiring! Community Development Officer Needed!
Sydney Multicultural Community Services (Sydney MCS) is looking for a Community Development Officer. As a Community Development Officer, you will utilise high level community engagement skills to work with community organisations, local residents, stakeholders and Council staff to implement capacity building programs and projects. The Community Development Officer will be responsible for developing projects and initiatives that respond to community identified needs such as Domestic and Family Violence, Homelessness, Youth, Seniors, Disability, Safety, Education and Employment, and Culturally Diverse Communities. The right candidate will be paid according to the SCHADS Industry Award.
- Tertiary qualifications or trained as a Social Worker
- Demonstrated experience in the community services sector and understanding of community development and community engagement.
- Highly developed organisational skills, including excellent time management, attention to detail and ability to multi task and manage competing priorities under pressure.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with new and emerging communities including capacity building initiatives that achieve tangible outcomes at a local level.
- Demonstrated highly developed written and oral communication skills, including developing Council reports, funding applications, formal correspondence, policies and guidelines, strategic plans, promotional material and presentations.
- Ability to work with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds (CALD)
- A Current Police check clearance certificate (or willingness to obtain prior to commencement)
- A current NSW Working with Children’s check (or willingness to obtain prior to commencement)
- Must have Driver License and access to a car
- Ability to speak more than one language
Please apply at https://www.seek.com.au/job/55858902.